Hello Everybody, today’s post is about three super easy DIY that you can make to spice your room a little bit, and because we are in the winter season, well the DIY are like ‘winter themed’ but obviously you can make them with other colors.
I am SO excited to be writing again, I have like two weeks without posting anything sorry guys, but with schools and finals I couldn’t post, well I have my planner were I put what post I will be doing which day, and I have like six or more post that already should be posted, so I will be working double to again post three times a week.
So let’s get into the DIY:
1) Glitter Candle:
This DIY is super easy and all the materials you can find them at home:
- Glitter of the color you prefered, I chose silver and blue and mixed them, I chose this colors because they were like winter type.
- A candle, obviously, and it could be the one you like the most
- Glue, I used a glue stick because I didn’t find liquid glue but you could use any glue.
- First if you are going to mix two different glitter, mix them if not go to the step 2
- The next thing you are going to do is taped you candle like in the photo, so when you put the glue and the glitter it is a straight line, when you already put the tape, now put the glue in the middle of the two tapes.
- Then you are going to put the glitter on your candle like it is show in the picture
- And last if you used a glue stick, you will noticed is not that glued, so put a little bit of hairspray and leave to dry, if you used liquid glue I don’t thing is neccessary this step.
- And you finish, now light your candle and enjoy your DIY 🙂
I think this is my favorite DIY, because it is super easy to do, and actually is useful not just for decoration, mine was actually really plain but obviously you can add more color, stickers, glitter and more.
The materials were:
- Cardboard of the color you prefer, the one I used was like paper but more thick and I think it was perfect for this DIY
- Permanent Marker
- And a box, a little box where you can put the cardboards, and if you don’t find one, you can make it with cardboard two.
- The first thing we need to do, is cut our cardboard with the wide of our box, and we need to cut 26 pieces (12 for the months, 7 for the days of the week and 7 for the numbers).
- Then separate them in three groups, the ones I say on step 1, the first group need to have 12, the second one 7 and the third seven.
- This is a tricky step, we need to be very careful, the group 1 we are going to leave it like that, the group 2 we need to cut like 1.5 inches so when we put them together you will see both, then the third group is going to be 1.5 inches shorter than the group 2 and 3 inches shorter than the group 1, and to the group 3 we are going to cut it in two vertically too.
- Now we are just going to label them, group 1 with the months, group 2 with the days of the week and group 3 we are going to divide it in two smaller groups A and B, the A is going to have 4 cards and we put 0, 1, 2, and 3 and in the group B we put the other 10 number that are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
- And we just put it like in the images above and we are finished.
3)New Year Frame:
This is like a crafty DIY, more for fun, and is free-style, this is mine, it didn’t turn out as pretty as I imagine but I think it is nice. So let’s get materials:
- A new or used frame
- Acrylic Paint of the colors you want, I used black, golden and yellow.
- Permanent Marker
- Gold Glitter
- The frame that I used was reused so the first thing that I did was paint everything white, the frame and the cardboard that came in the frame
- Then I did my drawing with pencil and draw all the things that I wanted to do.
- Then I paint all the frame golde and the inside all black except the letters
- Then I paint the cardboard number gold and put glue and gold glitter.
- Then the frame I remark my drawing with a permanent marker and the ‘light’ I did it with yellow paint.
- And put everything together and it is done.
So that is everything for today’s post, hope you enjoy it, and comment down which one is your favorite!
See you in next post 🙂